Technology Blog #4: Learning to Learn and how it applies to my major

     This chapter highlights the 3 key forms of knowledge that can be used in order to learn and progress in a teaching career The first one is the "knowledge for practice", which is the traditional way of learning by which you listen to a professional speak, read a book, or attend an in-service. This tactic is useful in learning, but the chapter suggests that "knowledge in practice" and "knowledge of practice" are the most important. "Knowledge in practice" focuses on learning through real-life experiences in the teaching environment, and learning for yourself what works best for you, by trial and error. 

What is Learning?

       Another point the chapter makes is the cycle of learning, unlearning and relearning throughout your career path. In order to evolve and grow, one must be willing to consistently make an effort to learn new things and stay in the loop, without forgetting past knowledge. One factor of learning that is crucial is co-learning. The ability to learn from others and collaborate, especially in the digital age, allows for you to expand on your knowledge in ways that were never possible before.


Education Animation - Animation Services - The Animation Guys    

    In my career path in Finance, it is very important for me to constantly be learning, whether it is from the experiences of others, staying up-to-date with economic trends, or even adapting to new technology. I can use these practices of learning as a way to help me advance in my career and become the best that I can be.

Comments

  1. I like how you broke down the differences between “knowledge for practice” and “knowledge in practice.” Your explanation makes it clear that while traditional learning is helpful, real growth comes from actually applying ideas and learning through experience. That distinction is really important and you explained it well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you explained the three forms of knowledge and made it clear to understand. I also liked the "in order to evolve and grow, one must be willing to consistently make an effort to learn new things and stay in the loop" line as it show what one must do in order to better themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Addison, I liked your point of view on this chapter and the way you explained the cycle of learning, unlearning, and relearning throughout your career path. In your future career I agree that you need to stay up to date with economic trends and adapting to new technology. This helps you not fall behind in your career and keep up with others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Addison, learning and collaborating with others in today's world is one of the best ways for me personally to expand my knowledge. Also, I agree that in order to grow, you have to always be making an effort to learn new things and stay up to date. I'd imagine falling behind on trends can be a really easy way to shoot yourself in the foot especially in Finance.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Web Tools Smackdown: Evernote

App Smackdown Presentation: Canva