Technology Blog #3: Using Tools to Support Connect Learning, and how it applies to Finance


Chapter 5, “Using Tools to Support Connected Learning” provides a variety of digitals tools that can be used to progress in the journey of creating a connected digital community. It’s important to learn about these features, in order to get the most out of a digital learning experience, and also to make it easier to make connections. Some tools that are highlighted in this chapter include bookmarking, blogging, podcasts, and other platforms built for connecting and collaborating with others.

The 4 Different Types of Podcasts | Voices | Voices

Blogs can be beneficial to get your ideas out to a larger audience and help others learn, and vice versa. Many blog websites are easily accessible and free, which makes it a great option to read other blogs about the topic of your choice, as well as write to share with others. With blog websites and popular social media websites, it also makes it easier to receive feedback on your work and collaborate with others in your career path. Another useful tool that was talked about in this chapter was Podcasts. Podcasts have become really popular over the past few years, and they provide a multitude of different genres from self-help to politics. Podcasts make it easier than ever for people to share their ideas, through casual conversation rather than writing thought-out articles. They also make it easier for others to learn information, because they can listen to a podcast whenever or wherever they choose to. 

Finance animation Images - Free Download on Freepik

Overall, many of these tools will prove to be useful for me in my future career path in Finance. It will be valuable for me to read blogs and listen to podcasts from finance and professionals, in order to learn more about how I can also advance in my own career. I can also listen to trusted podcasts about the economy and politics, to stay ahead of policies and news of the ever-changing U.S. economy.


Comments

  1. Hi Addison! You summarized the chapter very well. I like how in depth you went into blogs and podcasts. I love podcasts because I retain information better when it is said outloud to me rather than reading. I have listened to a handful of informative podcasts, as it is a great way to connect with your audience on a more personal level. I agree that they can be helpful for your future career to listen and read about what your peers have to say on finance and their experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi addison! Your blog did such a great job explaining how digital tools like blogs and podcasts help people connect, share ideas, and learn from others. I also like how you connected these tools to your future career in finance and how they can help you stay informed about the economy and industry trends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this chapter. There are so many useful tools for community building and learning, even outside the ones mentioned in the chapter. I'm not a big fan of blogs, but I can see now the impact that it can have on ones ability to gain information.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Web Tools Smackdown: Evernote

App Smackdown Presentation: Canva